Monday, November 23, 2009

Best Dressed



Yep, all I can do is salute right back. Ditto. Right back at you. Only one word to describe the ensemble: impeccable. I have a year end staff party coming up this week and because of the lacklustre response from the invitees I somewhat feel like not going or if I do go, not put in much effort in dressing up for the event. However this man, Shawn Carter, in his ultra, uber stylish tuxedo has changed my mind totally.



This is definitely not over-dressed, especially for a Sunday night. I think his style was definitely apt for a place like Los Angeles. You have to come out in your Sunday best, on a Sunday. You might never know who could be watching or taking pics. This man has evolved in many ways and taking nothing away from all this other achievements but, his dress sense has seen the most and best change ever. He inspires me in that regard.



This tux is beautiful on so many levels. It's a velvet, shawl collar tux jacket, with a safety pin ornament on the lapel. Complemented with a velvet bow tie, on a crisp white tux shirt with glazed black buttons. What I can't define though is the buttoning up part of the jacket. It looks like two mini elasticated ropes on either side of the jacket and it's stylish in a way that adds even more panache. There has to be a correct term for it however.


And if you're wondering where this was, what function or event..?






This has taught me a lesson in never shying away from looking my best. That's what I'm going to strive for going forward. A whole lot of effort coupled with the extra mile.


PG: Man to man, generation to generation.


No comments: