Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Slim Messenger Bag


Making my way around my residential area yesterday, I realised how much I am need of a slim, portable but stylish messenger bag. Something in the same vein as the Salvatore Ferragamo joint above. It looks durable, easy to carry and functional. I am a strong advocate of functionality; any case I carry has to fulfil a specific function. In my case I was running errands and the draw-string satchel I was carrying defied all the factors I listed above. It also failed horribly in the looks department. Anything you get as a freebie from a service station should never be considered for use outside your place of abode. What I like most about this particular messenger bag is that it is slim and its vertically rectangular shape is a deviation from the regular messenger bags out there. It's lightweight construction definitely precludes anything heavy or bulky. In my case I would've filled it with writing instruments, a writing pad, money and a few items I purchased. Wearing it over the shoulder and across the chest, for such a petite bag, wouldn't be jarring either.


PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

No comments: